Salvatore Domenico Zannino
Salvatore Domenico Zannino manages the International Trade and International Contracts practice areas. He advises international clients wishing to invest in Italy and Italian clients wishing to invest abroad in various industries or sectors of the economy. He also handles significant cross-border disputes regarding commercial contracts, company and share purchase, and general international trade disputes. He also represents clients in arbitration disputes. Since the 1990s, he has been working as a strategic consultant alongside SMEs in their internationalisation process. He acquired significant experience in international contracts as in-house counsel of multinational companies and leading Italian and American law firms. Salvatore has been involved in a great number of license agreements, joint ventures, turn-key contracts for the construction of factories across the world by medium-sized Italian companies, agency and distributorship agreements. He regularly advises funds and other investors in M&A, Private Equity and Venture Capital transactions.
- King’s College London (2016): Business Internationalisation between European Law and Global Law;
- King’s College London (2015): New Challenges in European Competition Law Convergence and Enforcement, where he also participated as a guest speaker.
- King’s College London (2014): Drafting International Contracts Common and Civil Law Perspectives;
- King’s College London (2013): European Company Law: Challenges and Perspectives;
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (2012): European Private Law in Progress;
- King’s College London (2011): Legal and Economic Aspects of International Investments in Emerging Economies;
- King’s College London (2010): Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation in Civil and Commercial Matters. International and EU Perspective;
- NIXON & PEABODY, 437 Madison Avenue, New York – Visiting lawyer (2000 – 2001);
- London School of Economics and Political Sciences (1993): Legal basis of Common Law.
- Law Degree (full grade) at Catholic University of Milan “Sacro Cuore”, research work for dissertation carried out at Columbia University in New York (1990/91).
- Since 1994: Honorary fellow , European Union Law and International Law at the Catholic University of Milan “Sacro Cuore”.
- Academic years 2004/2005 to 2008/2009: Lecturer at Catholic University of Milan “Sacro Cuore”, faculty of political science, courses and exercises on European and Competition Law.
- Academic year 2006/2007: Lecturer at the University of Lugano (SUPSI) for a course in European law and Anti-trust.
- He publishes regularly in scientific journals and in the national daily press on the topics of international trade and European integration.
English, French, Arabic (basic)
Qualifications and Professional Associations
Member of the International Relations Committee of the Milan Bar Association. Member of Milan Bar Association (1995). International Bar Association. Member of the Civil Law Chamber of Milan